Thursday, November 18, 2010

Engagement Photo Session



A couple of months ago, I was privileged to work with a beautiful couple for a pre nuptial/engagement photo session. I usually ask them where a memorable location they want to shoot so it makes the photo session and images special and relevant to the occasion.


Milli, the "bride-to-be" wanted to shoot at Santa Monica Pier. She told me her fiance and her spend a lot of time there. We scheduled the photo session weeks before. It was a Saturday late afternoon. Weather was overcast, no sun, just cloudy. So sunset pictures is going to be challenging. A lot of people, as usual, at the boardwalk and the beach.

The couple and I met in front of Bubba Gump restaurant and started walking down the beach and did our first spot under the boardwalk since light was still out. Milli was so eager to work and was a joy. I had a bit of communication problem with John, the groom.... since he is the type of person who doesn't open up fast. I talked to him a bit and played around with him until he got a bit used to the photo session.... yes, he was just "being a guy". You know us guys...we don't want to smile and have our pictures taken. After a few talks  I had a great time. with him, he warmed up and started smiling.

I also covered there wedding ..... which is another blog. :)

Here are images from the engagement/photo session.

http://philfernandezphotography.com/p1009119317/slideshow


Phil Fernandez is a full time professional photographer that can be booked at:
Phil Fernandez Photography 












No comments:

Post a Comment