Friday, December 10, 2010

Model Photography: Shoot with Tala

Tala, Russian/Persian model TV host. 5'-10" tall with heels... 6'-2".
She wants high fashion shots.... so here we go.

Here is my light setup for that shoot.

3 light setup....an AB800 (pink) with a Photoflex Softligher II 43"  for key light , an AB800 with a shoot thru umbrella 48" fill (low), another AB800 for background light ([30deg grid). I use foamcore boards to use as flag(black side) and bounce (white side) for fill... inexpensive tool but very effective.  I always use a light meter to avoid guess work when doing light ratios. I know people when they just eye ball everything  but people who do that are usually really really experienced photographers. When I shoot, I constantly move things around to get variation once I figure out what light ratio I want to shoot with. Key light is one full stop higher than the fill... background is same ratio as key light. With the dark gray background. I added a kicker on camera left and had it 1 stop higher than the key light.

Leave your comments and questions.

Here are some samples of the images we took.
Tala's Fashion Shoot










3 comments:

  1. ayus sa blog phil! keep it going! where do you get those big foamcores? All I have are the small ones which are due for replacement, sobrang may mga creases na, pinaglalaruan nang mga kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Vince. I buy those 4' x 8' foamcores at Sam's Camera. Let me know when you're buying one. I'll go with you and buy some too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.
    Gr8…Keep it up!!!!
    Image Editing Service

    ReplyDelete