Monday, September 17, 2012

Natural Light shooting

Saturday, 9/15..... driving down with my brother(videographer) to a shoot at a friend's pad in Huntington Beach. A shoot that I've been planning for a month now. Got all my gears packed and ready. It was one hot afternoon considering the pad is just walking distance away from the beach. It was surprisingly 101 F . Dumped all my strobes, light stands, portable battery, camera gear in the car.

Arrived at the location at 1:30pm. Unloaded all that heavy gear to the pad. Then a stupid idea came up to me.  Wow... the pad has one big sliding door lighting up the living room.... and the light coming from that opening looks pretty cool. So I decided to just put all equipment in a corner (which really sucks considering the amount of work of lugging it all up to 3 floors).

I was pretty unsure so I had one strobe on standby just in case I don't like the look I will be getting.  Fist model was ready then I started shooting. As I was shooting and checking out the pictures in my camera, I know exactly  how I was going to process the images. It was like after I shoot an image...in my brain, it was already post processed . The more I shot, the more enthusiastic and excited I get.

I realized how I'm missing out shooting with natural light. It's a very different look. A look that I did not really learn to admire and love ..... until now. It's a challenge but when you learn how to use it to your advantage, it is so rewarding.

Some images from that shoot.........







If you want to see more of my work using natural light ... click on the link below
Soleil - working with natural light

No comments:

Post a Comment